Cigna Shareholder meeting will be held in the Bushnell Theatre on April 25th. Two years agao the CIgna CEO admitted to laundering money through the Chamber of Commerce. With the terrible Citizen Untited ruling by the Supreme Court we need to make sure that CIgna and other corporations know there will be ramifications if they use our premium dollars to influence politics again.
166 Capitol Ave
Join Thousands of Detroiters as we demand that the GE start paying its fair share!
For the last 3 years, instead of paying its taxes like the rest of us, General Electric has been getting tax refunds in the billions of dollars. Every year, GE spends millions on lobbyists who write loopholes into the tax code.
Because of GE’s greed there is no money left for our schools, roads, fire departments. Our college tuition is through the roof.
Join thousands of students, workers, veterans, and faith leaders at Grand Circus Park, from where we will march to the GE Shareholder meeting and demand that GE start paying its fair share.
Grand Circus Park
10am Meet at Justin Herman Plaza
Near the Embarcadero BART where Market St. ends at Stuart
March to Merchants Exchange Building 465 California St.
Wells Fargo profits at the cost of our communities:
- America’s Biggest Tax Dodger – Hoarding billions of tax dollars that should be paying for public services and putting America back to work
- Leads in Foreclosure – Continuing to foreclose on families in an economy it helped to ruin
- Predatory Lender – Targeting those who can least afford it with exploitive mortgages and payday lending,especially low-income communities of color
- Corrupting our Democracy – Protecting its profits by quadrupling spending on lobbying since the financial crisis began
- Prison Profiteer – Profiting from increased incarceration by investing heavily in for-profit prison corporations and anti-immigrant legislation